Saturday, July 7, 2012

The James Joyce Bridge - Bridges Of Dublin

The James Joyce Bridge joins the South Quays to Blackhall Place. Designed by the Spanish architect, artist and engineer Santiago Calatrava (born on July 28, 1951 in Valencia). The bridge was opened on June 16, 2003, it is named for the famous Dublin author James Joyce, whose short story "The Dead" is set in Number 15 Usher's Island, the house facing the bridge on the south side.

No comments:

Post a Comment